Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What is the 5/5 Plan?

As outlined in the book : "Food Storage for the Clueless" (pg. 38) the 5/5 Plan is an easy way to make a small but steady contribution to your food and home storage.  Here is the formula:

$5/week + 5 minutes/week = a start on food storage!

I just got back from Walmart on double coupon Tuesday!  I can tell you there are a lot of items you can purchase in 5 minutes for $5 on double coupon Tuesday.  Here are some things I got today:

Snuggle fabric softener sheets = $0.87
Bounty paper towel single roll = $0.50
Old El Paso Taco Seasoning mix = $0.28
Starkist Tuna canned = $0.38
Swanson canned chicked breast = $1.38

Those are just a few examples.

The best thing about couponing for these deals is that I get 5 coupons in the paper per product.  I can easily stock up on 5 of one item for $1 each.  That makes the 5/5 rule easy!

Come to my coupon class tonight and learn how to use all kinds of coupons (not all coupons come in the paper) to stock up on food and home storage!  I will teach it personally so there is no pressure to buy a newspaper subscription from anyone.  There will be games, treats, and a lot of fun.  Hope to see you tonight!

Even if you can't come tonight and/or do not want to coupon, I challenge you to start the 5/5 plan this week!  If you don't already have a list of what do store, visit my past post 'Start with Food Storage' and get going.  Once you are organized and ready, it is easy to start with $5 and 5 minutes a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment